Lethargy, nasal congestion, allergies, and many health issues can result from dirty air ducts. The effects of air pollution are hazardous, and many people can now understand this, thanks to improvements in technology. Air duct cleaning is one way to ensure that indoor air remains safe and clean.
You can get rid of pollutants such as dust in your home by ensuring ducts in your home's heating and cooling systems are cleaned regularly.
Here are some signs you need to clean your dirty ductwork thoroughly.
- There's a lot of dust and debris in the air ducts
- Mold is growing inside the air ducts
- There's an infestation of insects and pests in the air ducts.
Do Dirty Air Ducts Have An Effect On Your Health?
- Dirty air ducts make your indoor home environment dirty and decrease the quality of air. The dust in air ducts can expose you to serious health issues. According to WebMD, the overall health of your family members will improve once you clean your air ducts. Medical research has shown that frequent cleaning of air ducts results in the improvement of pulmonary health conditions.
- Coughing, colds, allergies, and sore throat are all a result of dirty air ducts. The air quality in your home can be lowered by dirty air ducts, thus encouraging the circulation of bacteria and other allergens in the air. The elderly, kids, and people with allergies are likely to get sick when your air ducts are dirty. If you have a newborn in your home, make sure your air ducts are well-cleaned.
- Dirty air ducts cause Sick-building syndrome. When you don't clean your air ducts, pollen, pet dander, dust, and other allergens accumulate in them. Over time, these allergens build-up, and when the ducts are used, the allergens are blown and distributed all over the building. Breathing in this contaminated air may not affect everyone, but it may result in severe respiratory diseases for others.
- Dirty air ducts cause early aging. Have you ever wondered why you're constantly feeling tired? You might be breathing in the contaminated air coming from your heating and air ducts that haven't been cleaned in a while. In addition to causing health issues, the polluted air can make you age faster.
- They're inhabited by insects and rodents. Unwanted insects and rodents are a nuisance, but they also carry the risk of diseases. They can also eat your food or destroy your property.
- Dirty air ducts are smelly. Mold and mildew in your ducts can introduce a musty smell into your home and cause air duct cleaning allergies. Once you become exposed to this are for a more extended period, it may become less noticeable. But, any guests visiting your home will notice.
- Dirty air ducts cause your HVAC system to become inefficient. The functioning of your HVAC system can be negatively affected by the debris and dirt in your ducts. Once these systems stop working, the air in your home isn't filtered anymore, and you may end up breathing in contaminated air and getting sick.
General cleaning is a vital part of building maintenance and home ownership. If your HVAC system isn't operating efficiently, you should get the ducts cleaned and inspected.